20 Sep National Recycling Week 2016
From Monday 7 November until Sunday 13 November, businesses, schools and councils all around Australia will be rolling up their sleeves and getting involved with community and business recycling programs, kerbside cleanups, and e-waste recycling.
Aims and Objectives
The aim of National Recycling Week 2016 is to increase the effectiveness of kerbside, industrial and community recycling programs in driving environmental benefits for Australian communities, including greater tonnage and less contamination.
Planet Ark Recycling outlined a number of measurable objectives to guide the initiative:
- To increase the number of businesses, organisations and workplaces involved in recycling through the Friday File Fling
- To promote community re-use and recycling initiatives through the promotion of Swap Parties in workplaces
- To improve understanding of kerbside recycling and encourage eco-friendly e-waste recycling practices
How workplaces can get involved
National Recycling Week 2016 is an excellent opportunity for businesses to champion new or reinvigorate existing recycling programs and sustainability initiatives within the workplace. Research shows that a business recycling program can help bolster staff morale, with three in four employees claiming that recycling at work makes them have more a positive attitude toward their organisation.
Planet Ark make it easy to join a free collection program with collection stations. For electronic waste items such as computers, printers, mobile phones and batteries, you can easily pair this collection station with a free pick up service like the one offered by G1 Asset Management.
Here’s how it works:
- Get in touch with the team at G1 Asset Management to arrange a pick up time and date that works for you. We can visit a single site or even collect e-waste from multiple sites.
- We will deliver your e waste to your closest recycling facility, located in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane. There, we will record information that allows us to track your item through our system.
- We wipe all data from your electronics to preserve your business’ privacy.
- Electronics are tested to determine their operability and graded by physical condition.
- We generate reports, which provide a complete audit trail of your assets, and where applicable, provide your business with a rebate for items of significant value.
- We remove all client-identifiable markings and sell assets that have resale value.
- We dismantle assets that have no resale value and recycle the raw materials – resulting in a process where 100% of your electronic waste is diverted from landfill!
Contact G1 Asset Management
Not swayed by the massive environmental benefits of e-waste recycling? How about the possibility of financial compensation?